Karaoke is one of the most entertaining ways to spend time with your friends and families. The best thing about it is that you can have a lot of fun regardless of your singing skills. However, to make the whole experience go smoothly, you require the best-powered speakers for karaoke.
These speakers are crucial for karaoke setup, but there are so many on today’s market that picking the right one may present itself as a challenge.
We love karaoke, too, so we did thorough research and came up with a list of some of the best-reviewed products we would like to share with you. There will be something for every budget and preference in this list, so without further redo, let us get started.
List of Best Powered Speakers for Karaoke
1. Acoustic Audio by Goldwood Bluetooth LED Light Display Speaker Set
Convenient and powerful, this speaker set comes from the Acoustic Audio by Goldwood store. It is a product that will make any karaoke party much better due to its clear sound, power, and reliability. Apart from karaoke, this speaker is also great for any type of indoor event.
This speaker set features a Bluetooth receiver that allows you to stream music from your phone with ease. There is also a built-in FM tuner, and the product boasts RCA and 3.5 mm AUX input so that you connect the device whichever way you prefer.
The LEDs are a nice touch, and they really boost the atmosphere at karaoke parties. Since you have RCA line-level outputs, you can also hook another powered speaker to get even more power. Speaking of which, this speaker set boasts 1000 W system power, and it is more than suitable for any type of party.
The product comes with a power cable, MP3 remote control, speaker stand, and instruction manual included, and when you consider the price tag, this is a real bargain and a product well worth checking out.
2. Moukey Bluetooth Karaoke Machine Speaker with Microphone
When it comes to karaoke speakers, one of the most important things is easy setup, and this is exactly what this product offers. It boasts 8” subwoofer and 2 pcs 3” tweeters that grant exceptional and clear sound reproduction. The peak power is at 500 W, which is more than enough for a karaoke party.
This version of the product has a large tablet or phone holder attached to the handle for extra convenience during karaoke parties. What separates this speaker from the rest of the competition is versatility and portability, which are great selling points.
There are also LEDs that you can easily turn on and off. As far as the construction goes, it is pretty lightweight, and the case is made of solid plastic that feels quite durable. There is also a telescopic handle and wheels attached so you can easily move the speaker from room to room.
3. Pyle Wireless Portable PA Speaker System
Although this speaker does not look like much from the outside, it is quite deceiving. Equipped with some great features, the product offers a great value for the price. It has a built-in microphone and comes with remote control. The speaker has foldable legs, which you can use to place it on whichever surface you prefer.
Although the speaker is pretty lightweight and small, it packs quite a punch, and the audio quality is exceptional. 800 W power output is great not only for karaoke but for other purposes as well. The speaker features a 12-inch subwoofer and a 1-inch tweeter, providing amazing performance.
As far as connectivity goes, there are four inputs that you can use – USB, SD card reader, 3.5 mm AUX input, and ¼ -inch mic input for karaoke. There are also multi-color flashing LEDs that can complement any party. The speaker is also compatible with Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming. Overall great product for an affordable price.
Read also: Best Passive Speakers for Turntable
4. PRORECK PARTY 15 Portable 15-Inch 2000 Watt 2-Way Powered PA Speaker System
Coming from the Proreck store, this powered speaker system packs quite the punch regardless of the intended purposes you got for it. It possesses all the necessary features you require to have an entertaining karaoke night with your friends.
The Proreck Party 15 is equipped with Bluetooth, FM radio, SD card reader, and USB, which allows you to pair the speaker with pretty much any device out there. It also comes with a handy remote for extra convenience and the ability to change volume or switch songs.
This speaker has a built-in equalizer, a 15-inch woofer, and an easy-to-read digital LCD display. For an even better party experience, there are LED lights allowing you to coordinate the show. The product is portable due to its handles and wheels, so you will be able to move it from room to room with ease.
5. Altec Lansing RockBox
This product is one of the best speakers for karaoke due to its great features and portability. It produces full and rich audio both indoors and outdoors, and its peak power is at 420 watts, which packs quite the punch. The speaker also comes at a fair price, and when you consider everything that you get, it is a real bargain.
Beat synched LED light is a nice touch, and it features seven color combinations that you can switch easily. The speakers are equipped with a dual 8-inch subwoofer and three 1-inch tweeters that enable you to customize the sound to your preference.
The Bluetooth range stands at a whopping 100 feet, which is quite impressive and convenient. In addition, there is also a 3.5 mm AUX input allowing you to connect with most devices out there easily. The speaker has an IP67 waterproof rating, making it safe to use outdoors as well.
6. Rockville RPG122K Dual 12″ Powered Speakers
These powered speakers come with a stand and microphone and are an absolute beast of a sound system. It is not a particularly expensive system, at least when compared to similar products, and you get one active and one passive speaker alongside all the necessary cables in the package.
You get a built-in Bluetooth feature that allows you to stream your favorite tunes via compatible devices. The speakers also have a USB input, SD card, and standard 3.5 mm AUX. You also get two tripod speaker stands which add even more convenience.
The sound output is very clear, and the bass is deep and rich. The setup is fairly easy and should not take a lot of your time since you get all the necessary equipment. The speakers boast 1000 W power and 250 RMS, which is quite strong and more than enough for a casual karaoke party.
7. Alphasonik 15″ Powered 2800W PRO DJ Amplified Loud Speaker
When it comes to music playback, these speakers are among the most versatile in the category. The unit is solidly built plays very loud, even outdoors, without the need to turn the volume up past ½. The Bluetooth connection can be established easily from 35 feet, and it allows you to play music remotely.
The speaker also has wheels attached to it and a handle so you can move it around effortlessly. There is also a set of foldable legs allowing you to put it on higher ground on pretty much any surface. The speaker features LED lights, but you need to turn the volume way up before they kick in.
As far as inputs go, they are pretty standard – USB, SD card, and 3.5 mm AUX. There is also built-in FM radio, but it has poor reception. Not a huge drawback since you can open up the speakers and find the antenna coiled up and zip-tied, which bothers the reception, which is a problem that you can fix quickly. Overall it is a great speaker that comes for a reasonable price when you consider all the features that come with it.
Read also: Best Speakers for Live Band
8. Gemini Sound GSP-L2200PK Speaker
Coming from the Gemini Sound store, this speaker has 2200 W of peak power and is an absolute beast when it comes to audio performance. It works great with a mixer, laptop, smartphone, tablet, or any other compatible device.
The LED lights look really cool and sync up with the music the speaker plays excellently. The sound dispersing is even and well-balanced regardless of the location you are using the speaker. In addition, you can use it both indoor and outdoor effectively, due to superb peak power.
The quality of the sound is amazing in both highs and lows. The speakers do have a minor drawback since the spacial stereo effect can only be generated by two speakers. This should not be a big issue, especially if the main purpose you have for the speaker is karaoke, in which it truly thrives.
9. GEBER Portable PA System Bluetooth Speaker Karaoke Machine
This Gerber machine is an absolute gem because although it is quite small and lightweight, it delivers 1000 W peak power, which is pretty impressive. The wooden material of which the cabinet is made greatly assists in amplifying the sound and improves overall performance.
What separates this product from the rest of the pack is its ability to absorb noise which helps in creating purer sound quality. There is also an equalizer and ECHO on the console, allowing you to adjust audio output to your preferences.
The machine also supports multiple audio inputs such as Bluetooth, USB, SD, AUX, FM radio, and TV audio. Quite versatile and powerful, this karaoke machine offers amazing features and comes at a reasonable price. A product well worth checking out.
10. EARISE T26 Portable Karaoke Machine Speaker
The Earise T26 is by far one of the most affordable karaoke speakers you can find in today’s market. It offers amazing performance for indoor karaoke parties and does more than fair job outdoors as well. The construction is pretty lightweight, allowing you to carry it around effortlessly.
This speaker offers you numerous beneficial features at a very low cost. There are several connectivity options to go for, both wired and wireless. You also have dedicated slots for USB and SD cards available which adds even more to overall versatility.
Full-range stereo reproduction offers amazing performance, and sound quality is clear, full, and very rich. Considering the size of the product, it packs quite the punch and volume. The backlit knob and buttons are a nice touch, as is the included remote: great quality, great price, and amazing performance.
Things to Consider When Purchasing Powered Speakers for Karaoke
Now that we have got the list of the best products out of the way, it is time to take a look at tiny details and features that make the best karaoke speakers. This is very important since you want to make an educated decision and spend your money wisely. Here are some important guidelines to follow.
The power of the speakers is measured in watts, and the more the speaker has, the better power is generated. This is something that you should take into consideration, especially if you are going to sing karaoke in larger rooms or outdoors.
If you use karaoke speakers only within your household, then portability is not much of an issue. However, if you plan to use it outdoors or move it from room to room, it is important that the speaker has wheels or handle attached to it.
When it comes to connectivity, the more options you have, the better. Not all speakers come with all inputs, so make sure that the one you are purchasing has at least 3.5 mm AUX input since you can connect to most devices with it.
Wired or Wireless
Both options are great and which one you will purchase is up to you and your personal preferences. However, for karaoke, it is a general recommendation to go for wireless powered speakers since you will likely move them around often. If you decide to go for wired ones, ensure that you have an accessible power source.
Additional features are always welcome in karaoke speakers. You should opt for ones that allow you to use SD cards and USB ports. Extensive connectivity is also a great thing to have since it will allow you to connect to multiple different devices. Also, the remote control would be nice so that you can manipulate speaker volume and other features from a distance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What equipment do I require for karaoke?
You will need microphones, a mixer, speaker, amplifier, and screen that you can use to display the lyrics. In some situations, you do not have to purchase equipment separately since it comes in one package.
Are soundbars good for karaoke?
A soundbar is not a very good fit for karaoke since it transmits audio without any alteration in transmission. Also, most soundbars do not have microphone connectivity.
How many watts does my speaker for karaoke need to have?
Typically, karaoke speakers that boast 8 to 10 watts will suffice. But actually, the volume and sound quality are mostly depending on the type of the speaker, not its power.
What are the best karaoke speaker brands?
All the products that we have listed come from respected companies and brands. Some of the leading are Pyle, Rockville, Acoustic Audio by Goldwood, Gemini, Moukey, etc.
Can I use the karaoke app with my speakers?
Yes, you can connect the karaoke app such as Smule! to external speakers. However, you require the right adapter to connect both speaker and microphone on your smartphone at the same time.
What type of speaker is best for karaoke?
There are a couple of important factors that make the speaker adequate for karaoke. It is important that the speaker is loud enough and that it has balanced bass. They should be portable so that you can move them from room to room and have multiple connectivity options.
Can you use any speaker for karaoke?
For karaoke, you can use any speaker that supports the vocal frequency. If that is not the case, the loud sound can damage the speaker permanently.
Since karaoke is a fun and relaxing activity, you want it to give you excellent performance as well, and each and every speaker we have listed will do just that. You do not have to go to karaoke clubs to enjoy this activity in the modern era, and if you are properly equipped, the whole experience might be even better within your household.
We hope you have enjoyed our guide and that it will provide you with sufficient information to make an educated choice in your purchase. Always buy within the budget and make sure to look for second opinions and customer ratings before spending any money. In case you still cannot make up your mind, we recommend the Acoustic Audio by Goldwood speaker set due to its amazing performance and useful features.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- IPS-680 is rated as 1000W peak power, 10" woofer, and 3" tweeter to deliver rich tones and superior sound.
- IPS-680 features double paper diagram cone-tweeter compared to the traditional 2 tweeter setup on most karaoke speakers.
- Positioning of the tweeters also play a large role in the sound. With 120° X100° direction positioning, the sound is dispersed in a much wider area,...
- Speaker Setup: 3 Way, 2 x 3" Tweeter,10" Woofer
- Speaker Dimension: 12H x 20W x 12D inches (each)
- 300 WATT POWER: The wireless karaoke PA portable BT speaker features dual 8" subwoofer 1" tweeter w/ 300 watt peak power & TWS function for full-range...
- COMPATIBLE WITH BLUETOOTH: This loud bluetooth speaker system is compatible w/ bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and works w/ devices like...
- DIGITAL LED DISPLAY: Pyle bluetooth speaker karaoke PA system is equipped w/ FM Radio w/ digital LED display, USB flash drive reader to serve as MP3...
- FLASHING DJ LIGHTS: The bluetooth party speaker with lights features multi-color flashing disco LED lights that will add life to any occasion which is...
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: These Pyle PA wireless speakers with bluetooth are great for karaoke, stage performances, & crowd control. It is fully portable...
- 2000 WATT POWER: The wireless karaoke PA portable bluetooth speaker is equipped w/ dual 10" subwoofer, dual 3" tweeter w/ 2000-watt peak power / 1000...
- COMPATIBLE WITH BLUETOOTH: This box type loud bluetooth speaker system is compatible w/ bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and works w/ devices...
- 6 INPUTS: Pyle bluetooth speaker karaoke PA system is equipped w/ a USB flash drive & SD card reader so it can serve as an MP3 player, RCA (L/R) & Aux...
- FLASHING DJ LIGHTS: The bluetooth party speaker with lights on wheels features multi-color flashing disco LED lights that will add life to any...
- DETACHABLE ROLLING WHEELS: These Pyle PA wireless speakers with bluetooth are great for karaoke, stage performances, & crowd control. It is fully...
- Portable Karaoke Machine - Equipped with the wireless microphone and shoulder strap, it is easy to carry and suitable for Meeting/Wedding. Independent...
- HD Stereo Sound Quality - Built-in stereo sound and bass reflex port can provide high-performance optimized sound and full-range stereo sound...
- Long-Lasting Battery - Equipped with the powerful rechargeable battery could provide you a long lasting music playing at its largest volume, built-in...
- TWS Function - Two are better than one. When pairing 2 JYX-D10 Karaoke machine together, the powerful and stereo sound will be synchronized and...
- Easy to Use - The speaker and the microphones will connect automatically when they turned on. It supports TWS, FM radio, audio recording, echo, remote...
- 500 Watt power: This Pyle active PA speaker System and mic set includes a 500W portable PA speaker and a microphone w/ Full range stereo sound...
- Compatible with BT Connectivity: this box type PA amplifier loud speaker is compatible with BT Connectivity for audio streaming and works with devices...
- 6 inputs: equipped w/ a USB port for DJ mixing/ audio blending, micro SD card slot for MP3 playback, headphone jack, aux 3.5mm, 2 ¼” microphone...
- Mic talkover: the karaoke speaker has a mic talkover and audio file recording function that allows you to create your own soundtrack w/ music +...
- Rechargeable battery: This compact and powerful battery powered heavy duty PA system has built-in 11.1V polymer, 4000mAh rechargeable battery which...
- HIGH PERFORMANCE PA SYSTEM with dual 10" high efficiency woofers, the PA speaker system can amplify your voice, play the radio or stream songs and...
- PLAY VIA BLUETOOTH OR USB / TF CARD: The product has a built in Bluetooth for wireless audio streaming. it also supports Micro TF card and Flash USB...
- POWERFUL RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: The active speaker has built-in rechargeable battery, making it applicable to the outdoor singing, advertisement,...
- WIRELESS VHF MICROPHONES & FLASHING LED Lights: TWO VHF Wireless Microphones offer you great convenience to speak at a wide range; reliable signal and...
- EASY TO USE & EASY TO CARRY: Simply press the button to switch different functions among AUX, Bluetooth and recording. And ECHO, BASS(woofer),...
- Class-Leading Output And Frequency Response In A Compact, Lightweight Design
- Easy Pairing And Audio Streaming From A Bluetooth Device Allows Stereo Streaming Of Music, Soundtracks And Backing Tracks
- Four Real-World Eq Presets Take The Guesswork Out Of Optimizing Sound To Easily Tune The Speaker For A Range Of Applications
- Soundcraft-Designed One-Touch Ducking Automatically Lowers Music Volume When Speech Input Is Detected
- Dynamic, powerful sound 8 inch woofer and wide dispersion tweeter deliver clear, lifelike sound; A 100 watt peak power amplifier pumps up the volume...
- Ultra-portable centerpiece for your gathering rugged plastic enclosure featuring a telescoping handle, wheels and two conveniently located carrying...
- Long life battery 50 hour rechargeable battery for nonstop fun, plus a USB port is included for charging smartphones, tablets and more
- Connectivity covered send your music to block rocker plus from any Bluetooth enabled device and control playback via dedicated Bluetooth track...
- No Bluetooth No problem A 1/8 inch (3.5 millimeter) aux input is also included for non Bluetooth devices as well as an on board AM/FM radio